A Look Inside St. Michael's
At St. Michael’s Lakeside School we believe that Catholic education provides for the education of the whole child including the intellectual, physical, emotional, social, and spiritual growth of the students.
We seek to integrate Catholic values into daily living by providing a Christ-centered community of worship, study, work and play. We assist students to make their Catholic faith living, conscious and active.
Highlights of St. Michael’s Preschool programs:
- Half-day and all-day options.
- Four-star Parent Aware rating
- Designed to help the child develop a strong sense of self-awareness and spirituality, build healthy relationships with others, participate and belong to a community and support the family system.
- Emphasis on healthy attachment, self-regulation, social interactions, and developmental-skill competencies. The curriculum has been carefully selected to include dramatic and imaginative play, creative thinking, problem solving, self-sufficiency, and life skills.
- Faith-based environment that the values, teachings, and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Objective-based teaching using the Creative Curriculum.
- Specialist instruction in music, library and physical education.
Highlights of St. Michael’s K-5 programs:
- Daily religious instruction and weekly school Mass and prayer services.
- Comprehensive school library and computer lab.
- Current educational technology in every classroom, including desktop computers, iPads, Chromebooks and SMARTboards.
- Outdoor learning opportunities with Hawk Ridge, Hartley Nature Center and Lake Superior Zoo integrated into the science curriculum.
- Specialized classes in music, physical education and Spanish.
- Specialized instruction in keyboarding and coding for grades 1-5.
- School leadership opportunities for grades 4 and 5; school families for grades K-3.
- Monthly all-school community-building activities
- Private music lessons for grades K-5.
- School choir for grades 1-5.
- Spring musical open to all K-5 students.
- Lego robotics for students in grades 4-5.