- Ages 33 months to 5 years
- Open Monday-Friday, with 3-, 4-, or 5-day options
- Year-round option
- Structured time from 8:00am-2:30pm
- Before-care available from 6:30-8:00am at no extra charge
- After-care from 2:30-5:45pm at no extra charge
- Hot lunch and 2 snacks at no extra charge
The preschool at St. Michael's Lakeside Early Learning is split into age groups, with a young preschool classes (3 to 4 years) and a pre-kindergarten (4 to 5 years) classes. The preschool program is licensed by DHS and is Parent Aware 4-star rated, the highest possible rating.
The program has been carefully designed to help children develop in all areas: social/emotional, fine and gross motor skills, spiritual, and cognitive. Classroom schedules are created with this in mind, with a combination of teacher-directed as well as exploratory learning time. Research shows that children learn best from play, and our program and classrooms have been designed with this in mind. St. Michael's preschool classes use the Creative Curriculum and all centers and activities are based on weekly or bi-weekly themes and a letter of the week.
Assessments are done using the Work Sampling assessment system. Assessments are done in the fall and the spring, and families are offered conferences at that time.